The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.

- Jesus (Luke 10:2)

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Two Months Here; Two Weeks to Go!

As I stop to think about this, I am so surprised that I have only two more weeks here. Looking back, this summer seems both long and short. It feels like I've been here forever, but it seems like I just got here at the same time. (I know, that probably makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...)

I am praising God for what He's done in my heart and my life. He's watched over me and blessed me so much.

There were several memorable moments this week that I would like to share. I got to see and work with a girls basketball camp. I had never done sports ministry here before, so that was a cool opportunity. I was asked to help translate for one of the drilling stations. This was my first time ever being asked by a staff person to translate - granted, there were no other people available and not very many words were necessary, but I was quite excited for the opportunity anyways. :)

Also this week, we interns got to do a little tour of HdY at night. Kirsy, one of the young ladies who works at the church there showed us around. I love that girl. She has been a major encouragement to me. She is faithful to the Lord even when it's difficult. She is choosing to wait for God's timing for a boyfriend/husband when just about all of her peers seem to be doing just the opposite. She's always smiling, always filled with the joy of Jesus. We trade lessons - I teach her English; she teaches me Spanish. It's been great building a relationship with her.

Third memorable little story...the team out there this week was so generous. Anonymously, someone or several people gave each of the interns money. How cool is that? One of the girls on the team also gave me her watch. It may not sound like a big deal, but it was so touching to me. I commented at the beginning of the week that I really liked bold sports watches though I don't own one now. So this morning, she gives me hers along with an encouraging note about finishing strong while filled with Christ's joy. So sweet.

Another huge blessing: I work with an amazing group. Yesterday, when we interns were shoveling gravel, it hit me how blessed I am to work with people who work so hard. Because they are motivated, I am encouraged to be more motivated. We get so much done with great attitudes. They have been great to get to know. Also, the lady I am rooming with, Jen, is awesome. She is on staff with G.O. She works really hard, is super patient, and never complains. I can't thank God enough for giving me such great people to be with this summer.

I am posting my departure dates and times now because I am not sure I will have time to post later. This week I'm going to be out in HdY. Next week, I'm not sure, but I could end up in the Bateys. (I know Mom, you are excited, but don't get too excited yet, cause I really don't know what will happen.)When you are praying for my return flights, please pray specifically that I catch my flight in Chicago...I'm a little nervous about the 50 minute layover, but think all will be fine since it's in the same terminal and everything.

Sorry...no pics today. I don't have my computer.

Flight 1 - Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Status :confirmed

Departure :08:50 AM - Santiago, Dominican Republic - Santiago Municipal

Arrival :10:55 AM - Miami, USA - Miami International

Airline :American Airlines AA894

Fare type :Coach

Aircraft : Boeing 737-800

Baggage :2 piece(s) per traveler

Meal :FOOD FOR PURCHASE

Last check in:information not available



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>Change of plane required. Time between flights = 3:30<

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



Flight 2 - Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Status :confirmed

Departure :02:25 PM - Miami, USA - Miami International

Arrival :04:35 PM - Chicago, USA - O'Hare International, terminal 3

Airline :American Airlines AA1399

Fare type :Coach

Aircraft : Boeing 757-200/300

Baggage :2 piece(s) per traveler

Meal :FOOD FOR PURCHASE

Last check in:information not available



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>Change of plane required. Time between flights = 0:50<

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



Flight 3 - Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Status :confirmed

Departure :05:25 PM - Chicago, USA - O'Hare International, terminal 3

Arrival :07:35 PM - Louisville, USA - Louisville International

Airline :American Airlines AA5070

Fare type :Coach

Aircraft : Embraer RJ140 - Operated by CHAUTAUQUA AS AMERICAN CONNECTION

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like God is providing you with memories to last a lifetime.... and I'm so glad he is being faithful, even in the little things!

    ReplyDelete